ZEISS Planar T* 85mm F1.4 ZF.2
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
A classic portrait-length prime, the Nikon F-mount ZEISS Planar T* 85mm f1.4 ZF.2 from ZEISS is a short telephoto lens, ideal for producing shallow depth of field effects and isolating focus on subject matter. Beyond offering increased control over depth of field, the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture also excels in difficult lighting conditions and suits handheld shooting in low-light situations. The Planar-type optical concept is a tried-and-true design that yields consistently high sharpness throughout the focusing range with even illumination throughout the aperture range. Also, a T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 3.3′.
- All-metal lens barrel and mount offers high durability and rigidity.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus techniques.