ZEISS Otus 85mm F1.4 ZE
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Six Low Dispersion Elements
Designed without restrictions, the Canon EF-mount ZEISS Otus 85mm f1.4 ZE from ZEISS is a portrait-length prime distinguished by its apochromatic optical design and refined construction to excel in a variety of shooting situations. The short telephoto focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to afford extensive control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques, and it also benefits shooting handheld in low-light conditions. Suiting shooting at a variety of working distances, a Planar optical concept is employed, along with a floating elements system, to retain consistent sharpness and image quality throughout the focusing range. Additionally, a series of aspherical and low dispersion glass elements are also used to reduce distortion, color fringing, and aberrations for a well-corrected image quality. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Otus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable anodized metal lens barrel surface along with engraved focusing scales and distinctive high-visibility yellow paint.
- Portrait-length prime lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes six anomalous partial dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One aspherical element controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 2.6′ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales, which are filled with a high-visibility yellow paint, along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.