Zeiss Otus 28mm F1.4 ZF.2
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Eight Low Dispersion Elements
Bright-eyed and wide-angled, the Nikon F-mount ZEISS Otus 28mm f1.4 ZF.2 is an optically-refined prime poised to deliver a high degree of resolution and clarity in nearly any shooting condition. Featuring an apochromatic design, and utilizing the Distagon concept to reduce distortion, this lens uses a series of eight anomalous partial dispersion glass elements and two aspherical elements to virtually eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the aperture range. A floating elements system is also used for consistent performance throughout the focusing range and a ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Equaling the optical prowess of a Strigidae-inspired lens, the Otus 28mm f/1.4 is also characterized by a robust physical design for intuitive, exacting handling.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
The wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in broad variety of lighting conditions and is well-suited to a range of applications, including landscape, architecture, and interior photography. Accentuating the range of control, this manual focus lens is complemented by haptic design elements, including a rubberized focus ring and an all-metal lens barrel with high-visibility yellow scale markings.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes eight anomalous partial dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 11.8″ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales, which are filled with a high-visibility yellow paint, along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.