ZEISS Milvus 50mm F/2M ZE
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Planar Optical Design
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Pairing a normal-length perspective with an impressive 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, the Canon EF-mount ZEISS Milvus 50mm f/2M ZE from ZEISS features a floating elements design to ensure consistent image quality when working with both close and distant subjects. Inspired by the classic symmetrical Planar optical design, this lens is capable of achieving well-corrected imagery with controlled aberrations and distortions. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and flaring for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Bright f/2 aperture helps to achieve a more compact, portable form factor while also remaining versatile for use in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.