ZEISS Milvus 21mm F2.8 ZE
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Five Low Dispersion Elements
- Distagon Optical Design
An expansive wide-angle for Canon EF-mount cameras, the ZEISS Milvus 21mm f/2.8 ZE from ZEISS features a sophisticated optical design to control distortion and produce sharp, clean imagery with a dynamic perspective. A Distagon concept, along with a floating elements system, is employed for consistent performance throughout the focusing range and five anomalous partial dispersion elements are featured to control chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color accuracy. For minimizing flare and ghosting, an enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 33.6mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available-light conditions and is also well-suited for astrophotography use.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Five anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 8.7″ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.