Zeiss Milvus 18mm F2.8 ZE
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Four Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
Versatile, bright, and wide, the Canon EF-mount ZEISS Milvus 18mm f2.8 ZE utilizes a Distagon optical concept, with a pair of aspherical elements and four anomalous partial dispersion elements, to control distortion, spherical and chromatic aberrations, and color fringing in order to produce sharp, clear, and color-neutral imagery with a broad perspective. A floating elements system is also employed for consistent performance throughout the focusing range, and an enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for working in difficult lighting conditions.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame format EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 28.8mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available-light conditions and is also well-suited for astrophotography use.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Four anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 9.8″ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.