ZEISS Compact Prime CP.2 35mm/T2.1 Cine
- Interchangeable Mount
- First Cine Lens w/DSLR Mount Option
- Full Frame 35mm Coverage
- Calibrated Lens Scales
The Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 35mm/T2.1 Cine Lens (EF Mount) is part of the second generation of CP cinema lenses that were the first to offer full-frame 35mm coverage of large sensor DSLRs (such as the Canon 5D Mark II). What distinguishes the CP.2 from its PL-mount-only predecessor is its interchangeable lens mount, which allows the included Canon EF mount to be easily swapped out for an optional cinema-standard PL or Nikon F mount. For the first time, a single, affordable, professional quality lens can be used on both cinema and still cameras, opening up creative possibilities that keep your rig lightweight, versatile, and on budget.
The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the world’s first cine lenses designed for use with DSLR cameras. The interchangeable mount guarantees high flexibility for present and future use in any situation and for a wide range of camera platforms.
- Allows a mix of DSLR systems with traditional cine cameras, for maximum flexibility on set
- No need for adapter solutions anymore
- Three different mounts available (PL, EF and F mount)
Ready for the Future
The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses cover a full-frame image format without vignetting. Combined with the interchangeable mount, the Compact Prime CP.2 offers the possibility to upgrade to any number of existing or future cine and still cameras while still utilizing the same set of lenses.
- Full-frame coverage (24 x 36 mm) for focal lengths 21 to 100 mm
- Common aperture of T2.1 for the standard lens set
- Sweet spot effect with APS-C sensors
Unique 14-Blade Iris
High Optical Performance
The modern lens design as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances ensure low distortion, high resolution and excellent color rendition for sharp, punchy images.
- High resolution and contrast
- Low distortion
- Color matched
- Great flare suppression through T* anti-reflex coating and internal light traps
- Calibrated lens scales
- Standard focus and iris gear positions
- Stable exposure due to manual operated aperture
- Robust and reliable cine style housing
- Longer focus rotation and a manual focus
- Consistent front diameter from lens to lens