ZEISS Batis 40mm F2 CF
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Distagon Optical Design
- Three Aspherical Elements
Offering a unique short-normal focal length with a close-focusing design, the ZEISS Batis 40mm f2 CF from ZEISS is a Sony E-mount prime further characterized by its advanced optical layout. Based on the Distagon design, this lens uses a series of aspherical and anomalous partial dispersion elements to greatly reduce color fringing, distortion, and other aberrations to realize sharp, clear, and color-accurate imagery. A floating elements system, coupled with the Close Focusing designation, is also employed for consistent performance when working with both near and far subjects. Additionally, an enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for working in difficult lighting conditions.
Find other Zeiss lenses here
Batis-series lenses are distinguished by their innovative use of an OLED display on the lens barrel, which highlights the focus distance and depth of field range for quickly recognizing your focusing parameters. As an autofocus lens, linear motors are used to deliver quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens body also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to permit its use in trying environments.
- Short normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 60mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, this CF (Close Focusing) lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″, minimum working distance of 5.5″, and a maximum magnification of 1:3.3.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Two aspherical elements, three elements made from anomalous partial dispersion glass, and one aspherical element also made from low dispersion glass are featured, and all contribute to significantly reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations, color fringing, and distortion for improved clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the working focus distance as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.