The Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di USD Zoom Lens for Sony is a high-speed standard to telephoto zoom lens with a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range. Designed for full-size SLR and DSLR cameras, it offers superior image quality and an Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor for quiet, smooth and precise autofocus.
A new optical design for this popular focal length zoom delivers high contrast and high resolution throughout the zoom range and one Extra-low Dispersion element with four Low Dispersion elements minimize chromatic aberrations. A circular diaphragm that retains its round shape even when taken down two stops from f/2.8 offers expressive background blurring.
A compact build with large focus and zoom rings and a moisture resistant construction, this lens comes with a removable tripod collar and a petal-type lens hood.
The Sony mount does not include VC, as Sony digital SLR bodies feature in-camera image stabilization functionality.
- Ultrasonic Motor
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) Motor is the power for a fast and quiet autofocus drive that works in harmony with continuous manual focus mechanism.
- XLD and LD Optics
- One special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) and four LD (Low Dispersion) elements minimize chromatic aberrations.
- Multi-layer Coating
- Tamron’s advanced multi-layer coating technology dramatically improves lens performance by reducing flare and ghosting for crisper, clearer images.
- Moisture Resistant
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
- Compact Design
- Improvements in the lens’ overall design keep this 70-200mm lens slightly smaller than others in its class. Diameter is 3.37″(85.8mm) and length is 7.4″ (188 mm).
- Tripod Collar and Lens Hood
- A rotatable, removable tripod collar comes with this lens and allows for stable, balanced tripod mounting, and a matched petal-type lens hood is also included.