Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40
- Four Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- Three Molded-Glass Aspherical Elements
The Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Lens for Canon is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for Canon EF-mount full-frame and APS-C cameras. It provides users with an extremely versatile all-purpose lens in a compact design and on APS-C cameras it has a zoom range equivalent of 42-450mm. Also, it has an aperture range from f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40 across the zoom range.
Find other Tamron Lenses here
The 28-300mm is also capable of decent macro capabilities with a reproduction ratio of 1:3.5 when zoomed in to 300mm. This is due to a minimum focus distance of 19.3″. Also, for excellent image quality, numerous special glass elements are used in the lens design in addition to Broad-Band Anti-Reflection coatings. There are one Hybrid Aspherical element, three Molded-Glass elements, four Low Dispersion elements, one Extra Refractive Index element, and one Ultra-Extra Refractive Index element.
For general use, there is a Piezo Drive autofocus system which is powered by a fast and quiet standing-wave ultrasonic motor. This allows you to quickly achieve focus for sharp images. And, included with the lens are a flower-shaped lens hood as well as front and rear lens caps.
- This lens features full-time manual focus capabilities
- Lens construction of 19 elements in 15 groups
- Angle of view of 75°23′ to 8°15′ on full-frame cameras and 52°58′ to 5°20′ with APS-C format cameras
- Uses 67mm threaded filters
- Seven diaphragm blades
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Broad-Band Anti-Reflection coating minimize flare and ghosting for sharp, high contrast imagery
- Aspherical elements work to correct spherical aberrations and limit distortion
- Low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in an image
- XR and UXR elements help to decrease the size of the lens, enabling this zoom lens to remain compact