Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA
With its normal perspective, fast maximum aperture, and high-end design, the Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens from Sony is easy to see as a go-to standard optic for full-frame E-mount shooters. Starting off with the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, photographers and videographers will enjoy exceptional low-light performance along with the ability to create shallow depth-of field effects. The Zeiss Planar optical design benefits users by providing an almost distortion-free image, while the incorporation of one Advanced Aspherical, one aspherical, and one extra-low dispersion element work to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations. On top of that, the legendary Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating combats flare and ghosting for crisp, clear imagery.
Find other Sony lenses here
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One AA Element & One Aspherical Element
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
Performance is top notch as well with speedy autofocus provided by a ring drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM) system. An AF/MF switch is provided for quickly changing between the modes and an internal focus design maintains overall lens length during use. A physical aperture ring is present on the lens which can be de-clicked at the flip of a switch, making this a great option for video in addition to stills. An eleven-blade circular diaphragm further improves image quality by ensuring smooth bokeh at a wide range of aperture settings. Additionally, a dust and moisture-resistant construction will keep you working even in less than ideal environments.
- Based on the Zeiss Planar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in 9 groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- A normal-length prime designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 50mm f/1.4 is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and one aspherical element are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A ring drive Super Sonic wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.