Sony FE 28mm F2
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- One AA Element & Two Aspherical Elements
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
Satisfy your wide-angle fix on your full-frame E-mount camera with the fast and compact Sony FE 28mm f2 Lens from Sony. It boasts a fast maximum aperture of f/2 for selective focus effects and for working in low-light conditions. In order to ensure high-quality imaging in a range of conditions, the lens incorporates three aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical, and two extra-low dispersion elements, all of which help minimize aberrations. For fast, responsive focusing the 28mm uses a linear motor and internal focus design. Also, it has a dust- and moisture-resistant construction that will permit operation in less-than-ideal weather conditions. Additionally, it has a nine-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh. If you are looking for a wider perspective, the 28mm can accept optional ultra-wide and fisheye converters than will transform the lens into a 21mm or 16mm lens, respectively.
Find other Sony lenses here
- Covering a wide-angle perspective, this compact 28mm will pair nicely with Sony’s full-frame E-mount cameras. It can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- A fast f/2 maximum aperture provides the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field as well as work in low-light conditions.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical (AA) element, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.