Sony FE 28-135mm F4 G PZ OSS
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Five Aspherical & Three ED Elements
- Smooth Motion Optics Support 4K Video
Designed to satisfy 4K production requirements, the Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f4 G OSS Lens is a wide-ranging zoom lens that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives while adding many features for your full-frame, APS-C, or E-mount camcorder or still photography camera system. The lens features a powered zoom control with a variable speed and zoom rotation direction reversal capability. Powering the zoom function is an SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive that allows precision and quiet operation. Focus noise is also minimized through weight reduction of the focus element group and use of a linear motor. Iris function is also designed to be smooth and silent for cinematography demands.
Find other Sony lenses here
Angle of view variations while focusing (breathing) and axial displacement while zooming have been reduced while five aspherical elements and three ED elements work with advanced multi-coating technology to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations while also contributing to sharper overall imagery with enhanced contrast and clarity.
Independent control rings for zoom, focus, and iris (aperture) are provided for and the focus mode can be switched from auto to manual by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. All three control rings have been engineered to provide the right amount of torque for comfortable, responsive operation and the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control.
A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is especially beneficial when working with greater zoom magnifications in low-light conditions. Also benefiting working in dim light or at the long end of the zoom range is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps.
- Powered 8-speed zoom provides a 28-135mm focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives
- Power zoom designed for cinema productions and full frame cameras
- Features Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology designed to effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure
- Three control rings (for zoom, focus, iris) offer manual control for demanding large format productions. The focus mode can be switched from auto to manual simply by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability. All three control rings have been engineered to provide ideal torque for comfortable, responsive operation. Even the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control
- Sony’s advanced iris control and linear AF motor drive system achieve quiet focusing that is also extremely responsive. Part of the reason that focus control is so quiet is that original Sony linear motors are contactless, with no gears or mechanical coupling to generate noise
- The world’s first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a cinema lens for quiet zoom and smooth iris control
- Maintains plane of focus while zooming and maintains field of view while focusing (important for video)
- Delivers smooth tracking throughout the zoom range at any speed and eliminates any axial image shifting. Zooming is quiet as well as responsive thanks to advanced mechanical actuator design
- Features an optical design and control technology inherited from Sony’s professional camcorders that ensure no breathing while focusing
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity