E 16-55mm f/2.8 G
Positioned as the workhorse lens for APS-C, the Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G is a flexible wide-angle to portrait-length zoom featuring a bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. This fast design suits working in a variety of lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field. Further distinguishing itself, this lens sports four aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements in order to control spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. A Nano AR Coating has also been applied to further reduce surface reflections and flare for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Find other Sony lenses here
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 24-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Wide-to-portrait-length 16-55mm zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-82.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture enables greater control over depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Four aspherical elements, including two AA (Advanced Aspherical) elements, help to greatly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An XD Linear Motor system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.