Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
- For Pentax DSLRs
- For APS-C Format Digital SLR Cameras
- Equivalent to 12-24mm in 35mm Format
- 75.7-114.5° Angle of View
- 9.4″ (24cm) Minimum Focus Distance
- Quiet, Fast Auto Focus
- Multi-Coating Reduces Flare & Ghosting
- Well Corrected for Distortions
- FLD Elements Correct Color Aberrations
- Compact–4.2″ x 2.9″ Diameter
The Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Sigma Cameras is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. Sigma’s FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and color aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
Find other Sigma lenses here
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″ (24cm) allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter. A lens hood is permanently attached to the lens.
For a chart of compatible cameras click compatibility chart
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- This is a DC series lens designed exclusively for use with Sigma DSLRs with APS-C size sensors.
- The lens features FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass to compensate for color aberration.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range.
- One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism.
- It produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide-angle (75.7-114.5°) view.
- The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capabilities.
- Compact (4.2″ x 2.9″ diameter) construction