Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
- EF-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 12.8-25.6mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/22
- Four FLD Elements, One SLD Element
Well-suited for landscape, architectural, and interior photography, the Canon EF-mount Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM from Sigma is a sleek ultra-wide zoom featuring quick focusing performance and impressive optics. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion glass elements, which reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing, along with three aspherical elements to minimize distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. Individual elements also feature a Super Multi-Layer Coating that controls ghosting and flare to better suit working in bright and backlit conditions. Complementing the lens design is a Hyper Sonic Motor, which promotes fast, quiet, and precise autofocus, along with full-time manual focus override, and a built-in lens hood is also incorporated to further protect the front lens element and guard against flare.
Find other Sigma lenses here
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for use with APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras and provides a 12.8-25.6mm equivalent focal length range.
- Four F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Built-in lens hood helps to prevent stray light from causing flare or ghosting and also guards the front element from accidental impacts.