Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating
Renowned for its versatility, the Canon EF-mount Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM from Sigma is a telephoto zoom lens covering a useful portrait-length to medium telephoto range. Characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, this lens excels in difficult lighting conditions and also affords flexible depth of field control for isolating focus. Featuring an apochromatic designation, this lens’s optical design employs a series of low dispersion elements to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for high clarity and color accuracy. A multi-layer coating is also used to control ghosting and flare for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Find other Sigma lenses here
Balancing the optics, a Hyper Sonic Motor affords quick and quiet autofocus performance while an Optical Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a removable, rotating tripod collar is included to better support working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), along with an internal focusing design, realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- Compatible with optional APO 1.4x EX DG and APO 2x EX DG teleconverters.