Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
- SA-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/22
- Four SLD Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating
A true one-lens solution for photographing nearly any subject type, the Sigma SA-mount Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM is an impressive 10x zoom covering normal to super telephoto focal lengths. Its apochromatic optical design incorporates four SLD to effectively eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range in order to achieve a high degree of clarity. A multi-layer coating has also been applied to lens elements to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.
.Find other Sigma lenses here
Benefitting the optical attributes is a Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to promote sharper handheld shooting when working with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, a removable, rotating tripod collar is included for easy attachment to a tripod or monopod.
- Wide-ranging super telephoto zoom is designed for Sigma SA-mount cameras, and when used with APS-C models, it provides a 75-750mm equivalent focal length range.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements to help reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rear focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens during use and also promotes faster performance.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- Compatible with optional APO 1.4x EX DG and APO 2x EX DG teleconverters.