Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
- EF-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 80-160mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Four SLD Elements, Three FLD Elements
Pairing a useful range of telephoto focal lengths with an especially fast design, this Canon EF-mount Sigma 50-100mm f1.8 DC HSM is an Art-series zoom mixing impressive versatility with advanced optics. The bright f/1.8 constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and high-refractive index elements, which help to achieve high clarity and sharpness by suppressing various aberrations, color fringing, and distortion. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied, too, which controls lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Balancing the optical merits, this 50-100mm also sports an advanced Hyper Sonic Motor, along with an internal focusing and zoom design, to promote fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. Additionally, a tripod collar is integrated into the lens’s design for greater stability when working atop a tripod or monopod.
Find other Sigma lenses here
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras and provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range.
- Impressively fast f/1.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers increased control over focus when working with selective focus techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element controls spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with an internal focusing system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal zoom and focus designs limit the overall length of the lens during operation for more intuitive, controlled handling as well as faster performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Fixed, rotating tripod collar offers increased stability when working from a tripod and integrates 90° click stops for intuitive switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.