Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM APO
- F-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating
Covering an impressive range of super telephoto focal lengths, the Nikon AF-mount Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM APO from Sigma is a sophisticated zoom characterized by its advanced optics and constant f/5.6 maximum aperture. Designated an apochromat, this lens uses a pair of extra-low dispersion elements to effectively eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. A multi-layer coating has also been applied to lens elements to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.
Find other Sigma lenses here
Benefitting the optical attributes is a Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design also incorporates a fixed, rotating tripod collar for easy attachment to a tripod or monopod, and a drop-in filter slot permits working with rear 46mm filters, such as the included circular polarizer filter.
- Super telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Nikon AF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 480-1280mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/5.6 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes two extra-low dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Internal focusing and zooming design maintains the overall length of the lens during use and also promotes faster performance.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- A fixed, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- Rear drop-in 46mm filters can be used and a circular polarizer filter is included for reducing reflections and increasing contrast and saturation.
- Compatible with optional APO 1.4x EX DG and APO 2x EX DG teleconverters.