Sigma 180mm F2.8 APO Macro EX DG OS HSM
- Sony A-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
Optimized for close-up work, this Sony A-mount Sigma 180mm F2.8 APO Macro EX DG OS HSM from Sigma is a unique medium telephoto lens, also characterized by a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture and apochromatic designation. The optical design employs three FLD elements to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the focusing range for improved clarity and color rendering. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
Find other Sigma lenses here
Complementing the optics, this macro lens is also of course distinguished by its 1.5′ minimum focusing distance and life-size 1:1 maximum magnification ratio, as well as a floating internal focus design that maintains consistent performance throughout the focusing range. A Hyper Sonic Motor affords quick and quiet autofocus performance while an Optical Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a removable, rotating tripod collar is included to better support working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony A-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 288mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.5′ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes three “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), along with an internal focusing design, realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- Compatible with optional APO 1.4x EX DG and APO 2x EX DG teleconverters.
There are no reviews yet.