The Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens For Canon Digital Cameras from Sigma is an all-in-one lens covering an 11x zoom from wide-angle to telephoto, with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 29-320mm. An optical stabilizer (OS) system is built into the lens, which reduces the appearance of camera shake. This can be especially helpful when shooting at long focal lengths or up-close macro shots. OS also allows you to use slightly longer shutter speeds, making it possible to shoot hand-held in low-light conditions. The built-in Hyper Sonic Motor delivers quick and quiet autofocus.
Find other Sigma lenses here
The 18-200mm’s optical design incorporates double-sided aspherical lenses which enable this extended super-zoom lens to be housed in a compact and lightweight construction. Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass, correct chromatic aberrations, and Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, to provide sharp, high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
- Macro Capability
- With a minimum focusing distance of 15.4″ (39 cm) and a magnification ratio of 1:3, the lens also acts as a macro lens. The maximum magnification for each focal length is indicated on the lens barrel. The product name on the front of the lens has been engraved, rather than painted, so that when shooting reflective objects up close, the letters will not show up in the image.
- Thermally Stable Composite
- TSC has the same level of thermal shrinkage as aluminum, with little elasticity, especially in temperature changes. This gives the lens high affinity to metal parts, and results in slimmer mechanical parts.
- 7 Blade-Rounded Diaphragm
- The diaphragm creates aesthetically pleasing bokeh, or out of focus areas in images.
- Brass Bayonet Mount
- The bayonet mount on this lens is made from brass, which is highly accurate and durable, making this lens ideal for long-term use.
- USB Dock
- Compatible with the Sigma USB Dock, which can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus.