Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary
- EF-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 28.8-320mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Four SLD Elements
Spanning wide-angle to telephoto, the Canon EF-mount Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary is a Contemporary-series all-in-one zoom covering an impressively versatile range while maintaining an overall compact and lightweight profile. The optical design utilizes Four SLD and three aspherical elements to greatly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and a Super Multi-Layer Coating also helps to control lens flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, this lens is also adept at close-up shooting with a 1:3 maximum magnification and 1.3′ minimum focusing distance.
Find other Sigma lenses here
Complementing the optical design, this lens also incorporates a Hyper Sonic Motor, which affords fast and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. An Optical Stabilizer also benefits creating sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm is featured, which contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras and provides a 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a 1:3 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.3′ to suit working with nearby subjects.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch helps to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.