Samyang XP 85mm F1.2
- AE-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Two High Refractive Index Elements
Distinguished by its impressive maximum aperture, the Samyang XP 85mm f/1.2 from Samyang is a portrait-length prime for Canon EF-mount DSLRs. Its optical design features one aspherical element and a pair of high refractive index elements, which are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions in order to realize a high degree of clarity and sharpness. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to suppress ghosting and flare for improved contrast and color fidelity in a variety of lighting conditions. The fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions as well as offers increased control over depth of field for selective focus effects. Additionally, the manual focus design contributes to the precise control over focus, and an aluminum-alloy housing benefits handling as well as improves overall durability.
Find Other Samyang Lenses here
- Classic portrait-length prime, this 85mm f/1.2 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.2 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with shorter shutter speeds.
- One aspherical element and two high refractive index elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 2.6′ away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Aluminum-alloy housing is both durable and lightweight.