Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
Mixing a flattering focal length with a fast design, the Samyang AF 85mm f1.4 FE is a Sony E-mount lens well-suited for portraiture. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture enables extensive control over depth of field for using selective focus, and it also excels in low-light conditions. The optical design features a hybrid aspherical element, which controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range. Individual elements also sport an Ultra Multi-Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast in various lighting conditions. Benefitting the optics, the lens also features an Ultrasonic Dual Linear autofocus motor for quick and accurate focusing performance. Additionally, the rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to achieve a pleasing bokeh quality.
Find Other Samyang Lenses here
- Portrait-length prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used on DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Very bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and offers great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- One hybrid aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Ultrasonic Dual Linear motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance. An AF/MF switch is also featured for seamless switching between focusing modes.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.