Rode SVMX Overview
For capturing audio the Stereo VideoMic X by RODE Microphones offers professional quality. It can be used as an on-camera mic in various environments, for applications such as interviews, weddings, sports and nature shoots, and more. It features a matched pair of 1/2″ condenser capsules configured in a stacked X-Y configuration with cardioid polar patterns, a 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, and 9V battery or 48V phantom power. It is built with a balanced mini XLR (TA3F) output connector, and an unbalanced 1/8″ output stereo mini jack plug. The Stereo VideoMic X can deliver professional-grade audio and gets the job done when capturing audio in various environments.
The VideoMic features digital switching on the rear that allows the user to control level adjustment, high-pass filter, and high-frequency boost to increase intelligibility of dialogue. The enclosure is constructed of a lightweight aluminum, and, inside the enclosure, the capsules are supported by the Rycote Lyre shock-mounting system, providing isolation from vibration as well as knocks and bumps. In addition, a pop shield and wind shield is included.
- Acoustically matched true condenser capsules
- Rycote Lyre onboard shock mounting to isolate from knocks and bumps
- Balanced professional XLR outputs, and unbalanced 1/8″ stereo mini-jack outputs are provided
- Rugged metal construction insures durability
- Three step high-pass filter (0, 75 Hz, 150 Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0dB, +20dB)
- High frequency boost (+6dB)
- LED power on/low battery indicator
- 10 Year Warranty* 1