Rode S1 Overview
The Rode S1 is a supercardioid handheld microphone designed to deliver studio level quality signal response, in live sound applications. The supercardioid element effectively minimizes noise and signal at the off-axis sections of the microphone element. The result provides high gain before feedback when near monitor speakers, while eliminating signal from adjacent instruments and singers. It’s 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response is tailored for vocal capturing and an SPL rating of 151dB ensures accurate reproduction of transient signals without distortion. The S1 is powered with 44v to 52v phantom power.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- The supercardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone, eliminating ambient noise and monitor feedback.
- Condenser Transducer
- The condenser element operates on 44v to 52v phantom power and delivers the signal response common with studio level microphones.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response is contoured to accentuate vocal performance.
- Integral Windscreen
- An integral “plosive” windscreen protects the microphone for overload due to “plosives” and excessive wind.