The RODELink Newsshooter Kit from RODE is a wireless system for ENG (Electronic News Gathering) using series II 2.4 GHz digital transmission and 128-bit encryption. The system is able to constantly monitor and hop between frequencies to maintain the strongest possible signal level at a range of up to 328′. Both units are battery powered and can run for up to seven hours.
The receiver (RX-CAM) features an OLED display with information on level, battery status, mute, and channel selection. Underneath the OLED display, you’ll find a pad that can attenuate signals between 0 and -20 dB. The receiver can be mounted on a standard camera shoe-mount with a 3/8″ thread or a belt-clip. Through its on-board, locking 3.5mm dual-mono jack, you can monitor and/or record audio signal.
In addition to boasting its own OLED panel for monitoring battery and output level, the transmitter (TX-XLR) easily connects to XLR handheld presentation microphones as well as 3.5mm shotgun microphones and powered lavaliers. The transmitter provides 48V phantom power through its XLR input and plug-in power through the 3.5mm TRS input. If you’re on the transmitting end of the signal, you can monitor the audio feed through its 3.5mm headphone jack.
Please note, however, that you cannot operate two microphones at the same time.
With all the above features, the RODELink Newsshooter Kit provides everything you need to start shooting video wirelessly with microphones boasting XLR or 3.5mm connections, be they a dynamic handheld capsule, powered shotgun mic, or compatible lavalier.
- The receiver can interface with up to eight different TX-XLR transmitters, and you can use the channel switcher to select between each individual transmitter; please note, however, that you can only receive audio actively from one transmitter at a time
- Compatible with any microphone sporting 3.5mm TRS or XLR connection points and necessitating power up to 48V
- Battery can last for up to seven hours
- Series II 2.4 GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption
- Transmitter supplies 48V phantom power and plug-in power
- Constantly monitors and hops between frequencies to maintain the strongest possible signal level at a range of up to 328′
- OLED display on receiver and transmitter with information on level, battery status, mutes, and channel selection
- Mounts on a standard camera shoe-mount and for added versatility the shoe mount can be located in one of two positions