Rode NT2000 Overview
The NT2000 Variable Pattern Studio Condenser Microphone from RODE is a studio-quality, large diaphragm condenser microphone with continuously variable polar patterns. Its polar patterns selection, filter, and pad are conveniently located on the front of the microphone body for ease of use. The gold-sputtered, dual 1″ capsule provides low self-noise (7 dB-A) and a maximum SPL of 147 dB (up to 157 dB with pad fully engaged).
- Dual Diaphragm Design
- A 1″ edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5uM diaphragm yields a wide frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz with a max SPL of 147 dB. The dual diaphragm design provides flexible pattern and sensitivity response, making it versatile in any scenario.
- Variable Polar Patterns
- Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure 8 patterns are user selectable. Continuously variable variations of each allow tailoring of all patterns resulting in perfect pick up settings with each use.
- Variable Attenuation
- Continuously variable attenuation adjusts impedance response allowing transparent, distortion free pick-up of transient signals. Attenuation range is user variable between 0 to -10 dB.
- Variable High Pass Filter
- The NT2000 also features a user variable high-pass filter. This provides flexible user contouring over frequency response curves.