Panasonic DMC-TS30 Overview
The camera can shoot HD 720p video and has a dedicated one-touch video button. Shooting a still photo while shooting video is supported and MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) compensates for camera shake in photo and video, offering clear images in low light or when shooting at telephoto lengths. Intelligent Auto Mode is available for point and shoot capability with all assistive features engaged and Scene Mode provides predefined settings to shoot certain types of scenes (Sunset, Starry Sky, Night Scenery, etc.) with the ideal camera adjustments. The camera also can shoot up to eight frames per second in High-speed Burst Mode, shoot time-lapse images and offers Creative Control Mode in both standard and panorama dimensions so you can add specialized effects to your photos. A 2.7″ TFT LCD screen with 230k-dot resolution provides composition and playback viewing.
The “tough” features of the TS30 allow it to go underwater to a depth of 26′. It is also shockproof from a drop height of 5′, freezeproof to a temperature of 14°F, and dust and sand proof. When dirty, the camera can be easily washed off with water. The TS30 features Advanced Underwater Mode which compensates for the red colors often lost when shooting underwater providing more natural looking underwater images. The camera also contains a continuous torch light when shooting video underwater or at night and it can be simply used as a flashlight when you are not shooting.
- Creative Control / Creative Retouch
- Creative Control in recording mode and Creative Retouch in playback mode give you the power to turn ordinary situations into highly expressive images. Creative Effects include: Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, One Point Color.
- Creative Panorama
- With the Creative Panorama function, you can shoot and overlay consecutive horizontal and vertical images, then add filter effects with Creative Controls.
- Underwater Shots
- The red color reproduction of Advanced Underwater Mode compensates for the red tones lost in underwater shooting to create more natural underwater images. Additional action modes include Sports, Snow, and Beach and Snorkeling.
- MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- MEGA O.I.S. automatically compensates for blurring caused by hand-shake. Even slight hand-shake movement is detected instantly by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second to produce sharp, clear images.
- MP4 HD Video Recording
- Recording dynamic MP4 HD video in 1280 x 720p starts with the simple push of an independent motion picture button, and you can switch from video to photo shooting and back again instantly.
- Time Lapse Shooting
- Position the camera to record stationary observation for flowers coming into bloom, scudding clouds and other subjects. A series of successive images can be combined in-camera to produce time-lapse video.
- Torch Light
- A built-in torch light helps record videos in dusky underwater environments or in low-light situations. When camera functions are inactive, you can turn the light on to illuminate subjects.
- 220MB Built-in Memory
- When the camera’s SD card is full, built-in memory automatically provides 220MB of additional storage, enough for up to 34 images