Panasonic 45mm f/2.8 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.
Optimized for close-up shooting, the Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. from Panasonic is a short-telephoto, 90mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Designed to strict tolerances in collaboration with Leica, this lens’s optical design makes use of aspherical and extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
Find other Panasonic lenses here
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 90mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One ED Element, One Aspherical Element
Multi-coated elements also contribute to a reduction in lens flare and a floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range. As a macro lens, a maximum magnification of 1:1 is possible for life-size rendering, along with a minimum focusing distance of 5.9″ for working with close-up subjects. An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall length of the lens during use and MEGA O.I.S. is also featured to reduce the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
- Short telephoto prime lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras and provides a 90mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 5.9″ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One extra-low dispersion element is used to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color accuracy. Additionally, an aspherical element is featured in the optical design, too, to reduce spherical aberration and distortion for improved sharpness and resolution.
- Individual elements have been multi-coated to effectively reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An internal focusing mechanism along with a floating elements design promotes faster, more responsive focusing performance as well as consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- A focus limit switch lets you adjust the focusing range from 5.9″ to infinity or from 1.6′ to infinity for faster focusing performance when working with distant subjects.
- MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.