The Panasonic AG-UX180 4K Premium Professional Camcorder records DCI 4K (cinema 4K) at 24p, UHD 4K at up to 60p, and FHD up to 120p (when set to 59.94Hz standard). The camera is switchable between the 59.94 and 50Hz frame format, which is analogous to NTSC and PAL. This allows the camcorder to integrate seamlessly with a wide range of current broadcast video systems in place around the world. Featuring an integrated 20x optical zoom lens and a 1″ type sensor, the camera records in DCI 4K, UHD, and HD in MOV, MP4. The camera is also capable of recording HD in the AVCHD format. The 16-axis color correction functionality enables precise color adjustment not normally available on a camcorder.
Find other Panasonic cameras here
The AG-UX180 offers a bevy of other professional-level features, including dual XLRs with phantom power, SMPTE time-code generation, gamma settings for eight different scenarios, and manual control rings for iris, zoom, and focus. To monitor the status of all settings, and to perform critical focusing functions, the camcorder features both a high-quality 3.5″ OLED touch screen and a full-color LCoS 0.45″ viewfinder with 1,770,000 dots of resolution. It incorporates two SD slots that allow for simultaneous recording in UHD and HD (DCI 4K can only record to one SD card). You can also choose relay recording, which allows the recording to shift from one card slot to the other as the card fills up. Panasonic’s background recording allows you to record continuously on one card, while starting and stopping the recording on the first card. Dual Codec recording is available allowing you to record UHD on one card and HD video on the second.
Panasonic Optical Technology
Manual Control Rings
Intelligent Auto Focus
Customizable Auto Focus
- Focus Assist (Expand and Peaking) – You can select from enlarging a part of the image to check the focus, or engaging focus peaking, which highlights the sharpest part of the image in a solid color. You can select to engage either or both functions simultaneously.
- One-Push AF – Temporarily activates AF when you are in manual focus mode, when you press the Push AF button.
- Manual Focus Assist – For quick and accurate focus, this mode fine tunes the focus adjustments you make using the focus ring.
- Focus Transition – Allows you to set up to three preset focus position. A single touch will shift the focus from one of the presets to the another. You can set how long each transition takes from 2 to 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, and 90 seconds. You can also set the transition to delay 0, 5, or 10 seconds from when you initiate it.
- Area Functions – Enables you to touch the LCD screen and have the camera adjust focus to make that area sharp (can also be used for Auto Iris and screen brightness).
16-Axis Independent Color Correction Function
Skin Detail Adjustment
- HD NORM – for standard HD recording
- SD NORM – for standard SD recording
- FILMLIKE 1 – Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in HD
- FILMLIKE 2 – Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in FILMLIKE 1
- FILMLIKE 3 – Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in FILMLIKE 2
- Cine-Like D – The Cine-Like mode shifted to prioritize dynamic range
- Cine-Like V – The Cine-Like mode shifted to prioritize contrast
- Still-Like – Setting to match images captured with still cameras
Three-Position Gain Selection
Other Camera Image Settings
High-Quality, Multi-Format Professional AVCHD PH Mode
Linear PCM Recording for High-Quality Sound
59.94 Hz / 50 Hz Switchable
Double-Slot SD Card System
SMPTE Timecode Recording and Synchro
Other Recording Modes
Scene File / User File
Simplified Waveform & Vectorscope
Three User Buttons
High-Quality Color Viewfinder and LCD
SDI (24PsF) Output and Auto Rec
- Outputs images up to 4K 24p, UHD 60p and UHD 50p
- Outputs analog signals for video and audio monitoring.