Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-40mm F2.8
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- 2360k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle OLED Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video at up to 60 fps
- 40MP High Res Shot
- Built-In Wi-Fi; 10 fps Shooting Rate
- 5-Axis VCM Image Stabilization
- Dust and Splashproof Construction
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body, Silver)
The silver Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera combines a 16MP Live MOS sensor with a TruePic VII Image Processor for increased performance speed and reduced noise throughout the ISO range as compared to TruePic VI. The Mark II also improves upon its predecessor by utilizing a 5-axis VCM Image Stabilization that provides up to 5 stops of compensation. Full HD 1080p video recording is now available on the Mark II with a higher bitrate of up to 77 Mb/s and various codecs. Built into the E-M5 Mark II is a unique feature that utilizes sensor shift to produce a 40MP image by combining 8 images in-camera.
The camera’s fully articulated 3″ touchscreen LCD monitor makes taking self portraits easy, and the built-in WiFi lets you quickly share your images. When not using the LDC monitor for live view, the 2,360k-dot EVF provides a virtually lag-free view with a 1.48x magnification.
- Superior Image Quality
- The Olympus E-M5 Mark II uses a 16-megapixel High-Speed Live MOS Sensor offering improved performance and exceptional clarity and speed in all aspects of image capture. Olympus’ TruePic VII image-processing engine improves image quality in low-light environments. The camera’s sensor allows for a maximum ISO of 25,600, and the dynamic range has been expanded for more faithful color reproduction.
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- The ultra-sensitive 5-axis VCM (voice coil motor) employs updated gyro sensors for a full 5 exposure steps of compensation. The E-M5 Mark II delivers sharp, clear still images in low light or steady HD video when capturing movies.
- Intuitively Designed Electronic Viewfinder
- The camera’s electronic viewfinder has an eye sensor to seamlessly switch the display between the tilting 3.0″ touch screen OLED and the electronic viewfinder for ease-of-use. Camera setting information, such as shutter speed, is displayed at the bottom of the viewfinder so photographers can concentrate on framing shots and take full advantage of an EVF’s ability to display the effects of various exposure adjustments and Art Filter effects – all without having to take the eye away from the viewfinder
- Additional Features
- Interactive, high-resolution and high-magnification electronic viewfinder. 3″ touch-screen LCD monitor, with variable angle positioning. Built-in Wi-Fi for instant connectivity. Live Composite, which automatically blends multiple exposures for incredibly detailed night scenes, and compatibility with Olympus Capture camera control software, which creates a seamless interface between camera and computer for studio work.
- Weather Resistance
- The magnesium alloy body is sealed to help protect against dust and liquid. The camera can operate in cold-weather conditions down to 14°F.
A flexible zoom covering a popular focal length range, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO from Olympus is a wide-to-portrait-length 24-80mm equivalent lens for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, reduces both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for notable clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A ZERO lens coating has also been applied to improve contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Beyond the advanced lens design, this zoom is also characterized by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, as well as its durable weather-sealed construction for working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens’ performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.