Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro
A svelte lens designed for close-up photography, the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f3.5 Macro Lens from Olympus is a 60mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its 1.25x greater-than-life size maximum magnification, this lens also has a 3.7″ minimum focusing distance, for a minimum working distance of 0.6″, to greatly benefit working with close-up subjects in great detail. This close-focusing capability has a simple, yet effective optical design that incorporates one aspherical element, one Dual Super Aspherical (DSA) element, and one Extra-Low Dispersion Aspherical (EDA) element to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity.
Find other Olympus lenses here
A Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system is also used for high-speed focusing performance that is equally quiet and accurate to benefit photographers and filmmakers alike. Manual focus control is also available, and the lens supports select OM-D and PEN cameras’ Focus Bracketing modes for improved depth of field when working with macro subjects.
- Prime 30mm macro lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds system cameras and offers a 60mm equivalent focal length.
- The optical design incorporates one DSA element, one aspherical element, and one EDA element, which all contribute to reducing spherical aberrations, chromatic aberrations, and color fringing for improved sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- Well-suited to macro shooting, this lens affords a greater-than-life size 1.25x maximum magnification along with a 3.7″ minimum focusing distance, and a 0.6″ minimum working distance.
- A MSC autofocus system provides quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance to benefit both still photo shooting and movie recording.
- Compatible with select PEN and OM-D cameras’ Focus Bracketing feature to extend the effective depth of field when working with macro subjects.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.