Olympus 12-50mm F/3.5-6.3 Overview
A versatile zoom with unique handling capabilities, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ from Olympus is a 24-100mm equivalent lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Complementing the flexibility of the zoom range, this lens is also characterized by its Electronic Zoom control, for smooth constant zooming movement, as well as a One-Touch Macro Mode button, which gives direct access to a close-focusing setting to permit photographing subjects as close as 7.8″ away. This 12-50mm also distinguishes itself through the use of a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements to control a variety of aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods.
- Wide-to-tele zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-100mm equivalent focal length range.
- The lens construction incorporates one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two aspherical elements, one extra-low dispersion element, and one high refractive index element into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- Electronic Zoom control uses a linear motor to produce smooth, dramatic zooming effects to complement your video recording. A sliding ring is used to switch between mechanical and electronic zooming methods.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- A One-Touch Macro Mode button allows you to work within a 7.9-19.7″ focusing range, along with a maximum magnification of 0.36x, to benefit photographing close-up subjects.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust- and splash-proof design ensure the lens’s performance in inclement and harsh conditions.