Olympus 17mm f/1.8
A flexible lens for general shooting, the black M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 from Olympus is a 34mm equivalent wide-angle prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The wide field of view pairs with the bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions, and it also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focusing techniques. The optical design makes use of aspherical and high refractive index glass elements to control spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the aperture range for increased sharpness and clarity.
Find other Olympus lenses here
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 34mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One DSA Element, Two Aspherical Elements
Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system is employed to deliver quick and quiet focusing performance and a manual focus clutch can be used for more intuitive adjustment and control over focus.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 34mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field and selective focusing effects, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two aspherical elements, and one high refractive index element contribute to a marked reduction in distortion and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the aperture range.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.