Nikon D7200 Overview
Don’t worry about finding all the best accessories for your new Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens by picking up this Basic Kit from B&H. By bundling all of the most commonly purchased items with the advanced DSLR camera body, photographers will be able to get out and start shooting almost right away. This kit includes a shoulder bag, a spare Li-ion battery pack, a glass LCD screen protector, a UV protector filter for the lens, a wireless remote shutter release, a microfiber cleaning cloth, and to top it all off, a 16GB SDHC memory card.
- Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Poised to deliver in the most challenging of situations, Nikon’s D7200 is a versatile DX-format DSLR that caters to both still photography and video users. Featuring a 24.2MP CMOS sensor which lacks an optical low-pass filter, and an EXPEED 4 image processor, the D7200 is able to record up to 6 fps at full-resolution, or 7 fps at a 1.3x crop, with a 100-frame buffer for extended high-speed shooting. This sensor and processor combination also avails a top native sensitivity of ISO 25600, which can further be expanded to black & white-dedicated ISO 51200 and ISO 102400 sensitivities. Full HD 1080p video recording is supported up to 60 fps, and in-camera time lapse shooting with automatic exposure smoothing is possible for up to 9,999 consecutive frames. In addition to the sheer imaging benefits, the D7200 also incorporates a large 3.2″ 1,229k-dot LCD monitor, dual SD card slots, and features built-in snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for simple linking of your mobile device. Capable of performing in both still and video realms, the D7200 is an all-around shooter that blends sophisticated imaging technologies with refined handling and design.
Rounding out its feature-set, the D7200 is also characterized by an apt 51-point AF system, with 15 cross-type points, for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of conditions. The 3D Color Matrix Metering II system, which utilizes a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, also benefits the focusing capabilities in addition to providing precise exposure metering capabilities. Further realizing a complete imaging solution, a series of Picture Control profiles can be applied to refine the color and tonal handling of imagery.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- The 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor enables recording high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video with the utmost clarity, low noise, and smooth color gradations. The sensor’s design also omits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain increased image sharpness and resolution. Additionally, the sensor pairs with the advanced EXPEED 4 image processor to provide native sensitivity to ISO 25600, as well as expanded Hi BW1 ISO 51200 and Hi BW2 ISO 102400 sensitivities for monochromatic shooting in even dimmer lighting conditions.
The sensor and processor combination also enables a top continuous shooting rate of 6 fps at full resolution, or 7 fps shooting at a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor area. Enhanced buffer capacity allows you to record up to 100 sequential JPEGs (Fine/Large), 27 12-bit NEF files, or 18 14-bit NEF files.
- Full HD Video Recording
- The EXPEED 4 processing power extends beyond still imaging performance to benefit full HD 1080p video recording in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with the added ability to record 60/50p using just a 1.3x crop of the DX format for added reach while maintaining the full 1920 x 1080 resolution. During recording, fully manual control is possible over shutter speed and ISO settings, along with the ability to utilize Auto ISO adjustment in manual mode with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. Zebra stripe highlighting can be applied to aid in controlling overexposure during recording, too, along with in-camera Picture Control profiles, custom tone curves, and a flat profile to benefit color grading applications. Recording to an optional external recorder is possible in order to gain uncompressed 4:2:2 8-bit output through the HDMI port and, when recording externally, use of the camera’s LCD monitor for simultaneous live view monitoring is possible.
In regard to audio recording, an in-camera stereo microphone can be used or, alternatively, an input is available for utilizing an optional external stereo microphone. Sound levels can be adjusted across 20 levels prior to and during recording, along with the ability to monitor audio via the headphone output. Additionally, the D7200 is compatible with the optional ME-W1 Wireless Microphone for recording clear mono sound of your subject up to 164′ away.
- Advanced Multi-CAM 3500 II DX AF Sensor
- Supporting the imaging capabilities of the D7200 is an apt autofocus system that employs up to 51 distinct points, with options available to use 9, 21, or all 51 points depending on the situation, with AF detection sensitivity down to -3 EV. 15 cross-type points are also integrated within this array to provide even greater accuracy to centrally-located subjects. Benefitting the use of telephoto lenses and teleconverters, the center-most point is also sensitive down to an aperture value of f/8. 3D Tracking, a part of the intelligent Scene Recognition System, also works to benefit maintained focusing on moving subjects for greater accuracy when shooting at high continuous shooting speeds. Furthermore, Single-point AF, Dynamic-area AF (with 9, 21, or 51 points selectable), 3D-tracking (using all 51 points), and Auto-area AF modes are also available. And when working in either horizontal or vertical shooting orientations, you can individually select your focus point and AF area settings to best fit the frame.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Camera Design Features
- A large 3.2″ 1,229k-dot LCD monitor is incorporated into the D7200’s design, and features an RGBW alignment for improved visibility when working in bright lighting conditions.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and incorporates an organic EL display system to provide shooting information for seamless adjustment over camera settings without removing your eye from the viewfinder. Additionally, the optical glass features enhanced coatings for increased brightness, contrast, and color neutrality for more lifelike viewing.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination to scenes and can also be used as a flash commander to wirelessly communicate with other Nikon CLS-compatible Speedlights. Additionally, a hot shoe is available for utilizing optional external flashes.
- Dual SD card slots are available to extend file saving capabilities by permitting either overflow recording or in-camera file duplicating. Additionally, optional HDMI-connected external recorders are supported for recording uncompressed video and time lapse sequences.
- The front Pv button is designated as a depth of field preview button for manually checking your depth of field prior to shooting. This button, along with the front Fn button, can also be assigned to other shooting controls.
- The included EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides up to approximately 1110 shots or up to 80 minutes of recording per charge (based on CIPA standards).
- Snapbridge Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D7200 features built-in snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity to enable seamless transfer of imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported to provide a quick and simple tap-to-connect method for linking your mobile devices with the camera.
For faster wireless performance, the D7200 is also compatible with the optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter and UT-1 Communication Unit, which can transmit image files via FTP.
- Other Camera Features
- Pairing video and still imaging capabilities, in-camera time lapse shooting is possible using the built-in intervalometer to record up to 9,999 consecutive exposures at variable intervals. Exposure smoothing can also be applied to groups of sequentially-recorded images in order to produce a naturally-appearing time lapse straight from the camera.
- Dedicated Photo Shooting and Movie Shooting menus aid in easily accessing dedicated settings and controls depending on the medium you are working with.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Automated exposure bracketing is possible for up to 9 frames with 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps between each frame.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4’s processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording sequential exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones. This mode is best suited for working with stationary subjects.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Flat, and user-customizable settings. A Clarity control setting can be used to refine the amount of definition with each of these profiles, and fine-tuned control in 0.25-step increments allows you to adjust the settings to your personal needs.
- Special Effects modes allow you to creatively enhance imagery in-camera: Night Vision, Color Sketch, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- A range of scene modes can be employed to base exposure settings on pre-defined, detected scene types: Autumn Colors, Beach/Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk/Dawn, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- In-camera image editing: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a multi-purpose zoom lens capable of wide-angle and telephoto imaging with a 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-210mm. This all-in-one zoom lens is compatible with DX format cameras and FX format cameras in crop mode. It features an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass element and an aspherical element to improve edge sharpness and clarity while correcting chromatic and geometric distortions. Nikon’s Super Integrated Lens Coating (SIC) improves light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare. The combination of high-quality optics and a broad zoom range make the 18-140mm an ideal lens for travel and other tasks that demand functionality without sacrificing portability.
Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus mechanism provides near-silent auto focusing that is both fast and accurate. Combined with Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, the SWM AF system equips the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm for handheld video recording as well as fast-action photography. Additionally, manual autofocus override allows instant switching to manual focus without taking your eye off the subject. The minimum focus distance is 1.48′ and its 7-blade rounded aperture helps to provide pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds.
- Compatible with DX-sized image sensors and FX format sensors in crop mode.
- The 7.8x magnification ratio provides a versatile 18-140mm zoom range which is equivalent to 27-210mm in the 35mm format and covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Vibration Reduction can provide up to four stops of image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and video.
- One aspherical and one ED lens element reduce chromatic aberration and help improve image sharpness, color and clarity.
- The Nikon Super Integrated Coated lens system enhances light transmission and reduces lens flare.
- Internal focus system means only the internal lens elements move during focusing allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances and more practical usage of specialty filters.
- The Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control of focus placement.
- Watson Watson EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.0V, 1900mAh)
This second version of the Watson EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack works with all cameras that take the Nikon EN-EL15. This replacement pack features a 1900-2000mAh capacity, 7.0V of output power, and 14 watt-hours. Small and lightweight, lithium-ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effect.
- Compatible Cameras
- 1 V1
- Tiffen 67mm UV Protector Filter
The Tiffen 67mm UV Protector Filter is a general use, clear filter that helps to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. This filter is especially useful when photographing at high altitudes or around bodies of water. No additional coloration or contrast is provided, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
The UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology; a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Absorbs some ultraviolet light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements.
- Vello LCD Screen Protector Ultra for Nikon Df, D4s, D7100, D7200, D500, D610, D750, D810 & D850 Camera
This LCD Screen Protector Ultra from Vello is a sheet of ultra-thin (0.02″) optical glass used to safeguard the LCD monitor of the Nikon Df, D4, D4s, D7100, D7200, D500, D600, D610, D750, D800, D810, and D850 cameras. It easily adheres to the screen via static, without trapping air bubbles, and if removed, won’t leave a sticky residue behind. Multiple layers of protective material shield your display from dirt, scratches, sweat, smears, and light impact. The shatter-proof glass blocks UV rays while allowing visible light in. It can be easily cleaned using the supplied microfiber cloth and wet wipe.
- Vello FreeWave Plus Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon
Trigger your camera’s shutter wirelessly with the FreeWave Plus Wireless Remote Shutter Releasefrom Vello, a lightweight remote control system that will help you avoid unwanted camera movement. This 2.4 GHz model is compatible with Nikon cameras and will work both wired and wirelessly up to 320′, depending on your own needs and setup. This makes it useful for photographing wildlife or for macro and long exposures where it is necessary to eliminate any chance of camera shake.
The FreeWave system also has access to 16 channels for triggering multiple receivers and has an internal antenna that will be protected from any accidental damage. Multiple features are available for shooting, such as a four-second delay as well as multi-exposure and long exposure modes. The device also has a dual function release, enabling focus on half press and triggering the shutter release on a full press. Additionally, it has LED indicators to confirm pre-focus and exposure while in wireless mode and the receiver and transmitter each run on two AAA batteries.
- Compatible Cameras
- Nikon: D1, D1H, D1X, D2, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3x, D4, D4s, D5, D200, D300, D300s, D500, D700, D800, D800e, D810 and D850
Df, D90, D600, D610, D750, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000 and D7100; CoolPix A, P7700, P7800
Fuji: S3 and S5
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
Built to meet the demands of photographers and passionate shutterbugs who are using advanced cameras and HD camcorders, the 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card from SanDisk allows users to take advantage of functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. It features a capacity of 16GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and delivers maximum read speeds of up to 90 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 40 MB/s. This Extreme UHS-I SDHC card supports the U3 speed class, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device only supports the Class 10 standard, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk’s 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card is water, shock, and x-ray proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing for use in environments such as snow and deserts. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. Downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card also has a writable label on its surface and the included jewel case makes for easy storage and organization. This card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Faster Performance and Downloads
- With write speeds up to 40 MB/s, this card unleashes the full shooting potential of your advanced camera or DSLR. Take advantage of advanced functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. Photos are written to your card almost instantly so you’ll get your best shot, and you’ll save time moving it all from your camera to your computer.
- Capacity for High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- With a capacity of 16GB to capture it all, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I Card offers enough room for thousands of high-resolution photos. The card can accommodate high-volume image formats, such as RAW and JPEG, and also provides plenty of room for Full HD videos.
- 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- With Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) video ratings, you’ll be ready to capture 4K Ultra HD, cinema quality 3D, and Full HD video (1080p), which require more performance than ordinary cards can handle. This memory card’s accelerated minimum sustained write speeds help ensure that video data isn’t lost during recording, by reducing dropouts and stuttering.
- Error Correction for Enhanced Relability
- Thanks to its Advanced Error Correction Code engine, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC card helps reduce the chance for errors during data storage and retrieval. It prevents potential data corruption, providing high data integrity.
- Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce Upload Times
- SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC cards boast a read speed of up to 90 MB/s, so you can transfer photos and videos to your computer quickly. You’ll spend less time uploading photos and more time editing, storing, and sharing.
- Durable Design
- Designed and tested to withstand the tough conditions, this card has a capacity of 16GB and is waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185°F, so you can work in almost any climate.
- RescuePRO Software
- SanDisk RescuePRO and RescuePRO Deluxe software are file and data recovery products for recovering deleted files from all types of digital media.
- Sensei Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Gray)
Safely clean your glass lenses, television screens, computer monitors, binoculars, and more with this gray Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth from Sensei. This handy item is also useful for wiping dust or smudges off CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs. The soft microfiber fabric will not scratch glass or other sensitive surfaces, and allows for streak-free cleaning.
One side of the cloth features a covering of textured rubber dots to give you a more secure grip, preventing the cloth from slipping out of your hand. Additionally, the fabric is approximately 18% gray, so it can assist you in setting your camera’s white balance. At only 7 x 7.9″ in size, the cloth is small and easily packed in a pocket, pouch, or bag for convenient carrying. It’s also machine washable in cold water on a gentle cycle for reuse again and again.
- Ruggard Journey 34 DSLR Shoulder Bag (Black)
Store, protect, and transport your compact DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached lens, flash, related accessories, and up to two extra lenses with the lightweight, black Journey 34 DSLR Shoulder Bag from Ruggard. This handsome bag features a large flap with a quick release buckle, and double-pull zipper closure. The main compartment has four padded, touch-fastening dividers for organizing equipment. A light gray interior lining makes it easier to locate gear in low light. Under the lid is a large, zippered, mesh accessory pocket. Small accessories are easily accommodated in the front exterior zippered pocket. Inside this pocket are two slip-in pockets, two memory card pockets with touch-fastening flaps, and a zippered mesh pocket.
Photographers will appreciate the neoprene water bottle/accessory pocket located on the exterior left side of the bag. On the opposite side is a strap for attaching accessories. Carry the Journey 34 Shoulder Bag by the padded top handle, or wear with the removable, adjustable, padded shoulder strap. The strap has swiveling snap-hooks that attach to metal D-rings on either side of bag. And on the back of the bag is a trolley strap that comes in handy when traveling with rolling luggage. Two strips of plastic feet on the bottom of the bag help protect it against abrasion. This well-made bag is constructed from weather-resistant polyester and ballistic nylon.