Nikon 105mm F/2.8 Overview
The internal focus system means only the internal lens groups move during focus allowing a close working distance and the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus motor is fast and near-silent. Full-time manual focus override enables immediate access to precise manual focus by just turning the large focus ring. The minimum focus distance is just 12″. One Extra-low Dispersion glass element controls chromatic aberrations and both Super Integrated and Nano Crystal lens coatings are applied to the elements for enhanced light transmission and reduced ghosting and flare.
- Telephoto prime lens features a macro capability with 1:1 magnification ratio for life-size close-ups.
- An ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration. Nano Crystal Coat drastically reduces flare ensuring finely detailed, clear images.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes image blur caused by camera shake.
- Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate and near-silent auto focus action.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and better body balance
- Built-in M/A switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements appear smoother and more natural.