Nikon 300mm F/4.0 Overview
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, quiet auto focusing with seamless manual override and the internal focus design maintains a compact, lightweight form, keeping the front element from rotating, which is preferable when using certain filters.
Physically, the lens provides a built-in lens hood to deflect unwanted light, a large focus ring and a detachable, rotatable tripod collar for stable, shake-free shooting. The lens also supports a manual aperture ring and is compatible with Nikon teleconverters for extended reach.
- Compact telephoto prime lens compatible with FX and DX format cameras. Provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 450mm on DX format DSLRs
- Two ED glass elements and Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Internal Focus (IF) system provide fast, precise and near-silent AF action
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual operation
- Manual aperture ring, removable tripod collar and built-in lens hood