Nikon 28mm F/1.4 Overview
Balancing the optical attributes, the lens is also characterized by a Silent Wave Motor that produces fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus capabilities, along with the ability to manually override focus at any time for more selective control. A rear focusing system also helps maintain the overall lens length during use by solely moving the rear lens group during use for faster performance. An electromagnetic diaphragm is also featured for greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Versatile wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs and can also be used on DX models where it provides a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations and color fringing for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are featured to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to produce notable sharpness and resolution.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that is ideal for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Rear focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to faster focusing speeds.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.