Nikon 24-120mm F/4.0 Overview
The wide-angle to telephoto focal range of this lens makes it a versatile choice for most applications and its constant maximum aperture of f/4.0 enables photographers to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range. For those critical focusing-moments – the M/A focus mode switch allows the shooter to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes.
The lens design includes two Extra-low Dispersion elements to control chromatic aberrations, three aspherical elements and Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission for maximum clarity, crispness, and contrast. Additionally this lens benefits from Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat – a high-tech lens treatment that ensures maximum imaging quality by limiting ghosting and flare.
Low-light shooters will appreciate the benefits of Nikon’s VR II image stabilization system which reduces the blurring effects of camera shake for sharper imaging in low light or when shooting at the telephoto end of the focal range. The compact size of the lens also lends itself to stable control of imaging as well as its use as a versatile, everyday lens.
- Compact & Versatile 5x Standard Zoom Lens with f/4 Maximum Aperture
- Perfect for landscapes, portraits, weddings, and distant subjects. Offers a constant maximum aperture to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range
- Extended Range on Nikon DX-format D-SLR Cameras
- Angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 36-180mm in DX-format cameras.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction technology that’s engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens – enables handheld shooting at shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. This ensures dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens to maintain the working distance throughout the focus range. It also keeps the front element from spinning, which maintains the position of a polarizer or lens hood.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders images with a more natural appearance in out-of-focus areas.