Nikon 16-35mm F/4.0 Overview
Fast, accurate and quiet autofocus is accomplished via Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Internal Focus (IF) enables fast autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range. Manual focus override allows for precise control over critical focus even when in AF mode. The VR II image stabilization system reduces the blur caused by camera shake enabling 2.5 shutter speed stops of compensation in dim light. Practically, this means that handheld shooting is possible in almost all situations. The lens also features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm which creates a natural appearance in out-of-focus areas of your images.
- Definitive Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
- This versatile wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for photojournalism, travel, landscapes, cityscapes, and general photography. On DX format DSLRs it provides the 35mm equivalent focal range of 24-52.5mm.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave
- Nikons exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and near-silent autofocusing.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and precise autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction)
- Updated Vibration Reduction II, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 2.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nano Crystal Coating
- The Nano Crystal lens coating reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch allows quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders a natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.