Nikon 14-24mm F/2.8 Overview
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and internal focus system provide swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera’s command dial. A magnesium alloy build with dust and moisture resistant sealing allow this lens to be used in inclement conditions and a built-in lens hood offers a degree of protection to the otherwise exposed front lens element.
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and three aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations and distortion while enhancing sharpness and contrast.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coating and Super Integrated Lens Coating reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- M/A Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between Auto and Manual focus operation.
- Rugged construction and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.