Nikon 60mm F/2.8 Overview
With an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element and aspherical elements, chromatic and spherical aberrations are controlled for superior optical performance. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated lens coatings improve light transmission and reduce ghosting and flare. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Internal Focusing (IF) system afford fast and quiet focusing action and the M/A mode switch with manual focus override enables fast access to critical focus, The nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
- Macro Capability
- The 1:1 reproduction ratio enables life-size macro imaging as close as 7.3″.
- Silent Wave Motor
- Silent Wave Motor enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- Internal Focusing
- Internal Focusing design for fixed lens length and non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- ED Glass
- The ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
- Super Integrated Coating
- Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color performance, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare.
- Nano Crystal Coating
- The Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image integrity.
- Rounded Diaphragm
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds.
- Compact Design
- At just 3.5″ long and 15 ounces, this is a compact and versatile macro telephoto prime lens.