Nikon 55-200mm F/4.0-5.6 Overview
A Silent Wave Motor is utilized for fast and quiet autofocusing, while Vibration Reduction stabilizes optics within the lens to allow the user or camera to set shutter speed up to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible before camera shake becomes apparent within the image. With Vibration Reduction, sharper results can be expected while photographing under low light, recording HD video, or when deliberately using slow shutter speeds. Picture quality is further ensured by Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass which minimizes optical distortion, while Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare to provide high contrast and vivid results even under challenging lighting conditions.
An f/4 to 5.6 maximum aperture range with a rounded, seven-blade diaphragm is included for smooth, out-of-focus elements, and a 52mm front thread allows accessories such as filters to be directly attached.
- Compatible with Nikon DX cameras and Nikon FX cameras with DX crop mode.
- Maximum f/4 to 5.6 aperture range corresponds to 55mm to 200mm focal lengths.
- Minimum f/22 to 32 aperture range corresponds to 55mm to 200mm focal lengths.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass minimizes optical distortion.
- Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare while providing high contrast and vivid results.
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization allows shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible before camera shake becomes apparent within the image.
- Manual Focus Override switch allows user control over focus at any time.
- Rounded, seven-blade diaphragm provides smooth, out-of-focus elements and highlights.
- Compact and lightweight design provides ease of transport.