Nikon 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 Overview
VR (Vibration Reduction) II image stabilization compensates against the blur caused by camera shake and allows shooting up to 3.5 shutter speed stops slower than with non-VR II lenses. This enables handheld shooting at telephoto lengths and in low light with less blur. The internal focusing (IF) lens incorporates Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to provide smooth, silent, fast and accurate auto focusing. Autofocus (A) or manual (M) modes can easily be selected with a focus mode switch, and manual override function allows the shooter to manually focus even in AF mode.
- With 11x zoom versatility this one-lens solution covers a broad range of photographic opportunities. Picture angle is the equivalent of a 27-300mm lens in the 35mm format.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings.
- Three aspherical lens elements eliminate coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Built with Nikon’s exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), the lens enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- With a rounded 7-blade diaphragm a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements are rendered.
- A zoom lock switch secures lens barrel at its minimum length.
- This 18-200mm lens provides a minimum focus distance of 19.7″.
- The M/A (Manual/Autofocus) mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
- The included HB-35 petal-type lens hood shades the lens from unwanted, image-degrading light and provides a degree of protection against impact and the elements.