Nikon 18-140mm F/3.5-5.6 Overview
Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus mechanism provides near-silent auto focusing that is both fast and accurate. Combined with Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, the SWM AF system equips the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm for handheld video recording as well as fast-action photography. Additionally, manual autofocus override allows instant switching to manual focus without taking your eye off the subject. The minimum focus distance is 1.48′ and its 7-blade rounded aperture helps to provide pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds.
- Compatible with DX-sized image sensors and FX format sensors in crop mode.
- The 7.8x magnification ratio provides a versatile 18-140mm zoom range which is equivalent to 27-210mm in the 35mm format and covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Vibration Reduction can provide up to four stops of image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and video.
- One aspherical and one ED lens element reduce chromatic aberration and help improve image sharpness, color and clarity.
- The Nikon Super Integrated Coated lens system enhances light transmission and reduces lens flare.
- Internal focus system means only the internal lens elements move during focusing allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances and more practical usage of specialty filters.
- The Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control of focus placement.