Nikon 40mm F/2.8 Overview
Continuous quiet autofocus from infinity to 6.4 inches with a Silent Wave Motor AF system, and quick switching from autofocus to manual focus and back will keep you from missing any photo opportunities. The 7-blade diaphragm delivers a lovely, natural-looking background blur, and Nikon’s Super Integrated lens coating gives you reduced lens flare and improved color consistency.
- Compact and Lightweight DX-Format Close-Up Lens
- Small enough to be carried everywhere, this standard focal length DX-format Micro-NIKKOR lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size. The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is for taking high quality stills and HD D-Movies and is ideal for shooting general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectibles, copy photography, portraits, landscapes and more.
- Sharp Images from Infinity to Life-Size (1X)
- This standard close-up lens captures the finest details at any distance, including details practically impossible to detect with the human eye. It’s a great choice for enticing food photography or detailed product shots. And with its continuous autofocusing from infinity to 6.4 inches, the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G ensures sharpness and clarity in every composition.
- Stunning Portraits and Landscapes, Too
- The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is compact, lightweight and versatile enough for everyday photography, including flattering people shots and breathtaking landscapes, so you get brilliant results in most situations without switching lenses.
- Natural Background Blur (Bokeh)
- Whether you’re shooting portraits, food or nature-indoors or outdoors-the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G’s rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds.
- Superior Close-Range Focusing
- The Close-Range Correction system is one of Nikon’s most important focusing innovations. Using an innovative floating element design, each lens group moves independently to achieve superior performance at close distances.
- Quiet Autofocus
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring-M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.