Nikon 10.5mm F/2.8 Overview
With Nikon’s Close Range Correction System the lens elements are configured in a “floating” design and each lens group moves independently to achieve focus. This ensures superior lens performance even when shooting at close distances. Also, an Extra-low Dispersion glass element minimizes chromatic aberration for clear, natural colors, and an aspherical element reduces spherical aberrations. Super Integrated Lens Coating reduces flare and ghosting and a built-in petal shaped lens hood deflects stray light that can cause flare and provides a degree of protection for the lens’ front element.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier operation. A minimum focus distance of 5.5″ enables you to get very close to your subject and the rounded seven-blade diaphragm helps to create a natural look to out-of-focus highlights.
- Fast, fisheye-type ultra-wide angle lens is designed exclusively for use with Nikon DX format DSLR cameras and provides a non-circular 180º perspective.
- Equivalent to 16mm focal length on a 35mm.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration.
- Close-Range Correction (CRC) provides high performance for sharper images when taking pictures up close.
- Delivers high-performance focus at extremely close range; a minimum focus distance of 5.5″ (14 cm) — only 1.2″ (3 cm) from the lens front.
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- Fixed petal-shape lens hood greatly reduces stray light.