Laowa 9mm F5.6 FF RL
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/22
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical and Two UHR Elements
Characterized by its extremely wide field of view and rectilinear rendering, the black Leica M-mount Laowa 9mm f5.6 FF RL, from Venus Optics, is prime lens offering a uniquely wide perspective that is well-suited for interior, architecture, nature, and landscape subjects. The immense 135° angle of view is complemented by an advanced optical design that uses low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements to control a variety of aberrations and distortion to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
Find other Laowa lenses here
The lens has a manual focus design and permits working with subjects as close as 4.7″ away and its built-in petal-shaped hood helps to block stray light from causing unwanted lens flare. Additionally, the lens is also characterized by its especially compact size, which makes it ideal for walk-around and travel applications.
- Ultra-wide-angle lens is designed for Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements and one ultra-high refractive index glass element help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Impressively wide 135° angle of view pairs with a rectilinear design, which renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications. This ultra-wide field of view will exceed that of a rangefinder camera’s viewfinder and an external electronic viewfinder or live view method should be used for making accurate compositions.
- Rangefinder-coupled for accurate focusing using the camera’s viewfinder; despite the lens having a minimum focusing distance of 4.7″, the lens/rangefinder is only coupled for accurate focusing to 2.3′ and this distance is highlighted on the focusing distance scale. For working between 4.7″ and 2.3′, live view methods should be used for accurate focusing.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood helps to prevent stray light from causing lens flare and also offers some physical protection to the lens’s front element.
- Five-blade diaphragm produces distinct 10-point sun stars and specular highlights when stopped-down and photographing point light sources.